VMware Cloud Community
afzi148
Contributor
Contributor

vRealize not Collecting Data (Inventory/Resources)from vCenter,

vRealize Automation Configure Endpoint of vCenter Successfully it shows all the Datacenters which are in vCenter but it is Fail to Collect Data from vCenter.

It is not collecting the Inventory and Status of the Datacenter when we requested.

I am atatching the screenshot of that also in this i click on the on but it not taking Data i am spnding 1 day on it but not found solution.

If anyone can help me in this matter.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

First, you've double posted. Can you remove the duplicate?

Post a screenshot of the long under Infrastructure -> Monitoring -> Log when you try and run a data collection.

0 Kudos
afzi148
Contributor
Contributor

screenshot.png

I have deleted my duplicate post .

Secondly , I have added the screenshot with this.

Kindly help me in this regards. 

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Ok, a couple things you need to fix here. First, is the name of your vCenter endpoint must match exactly what you called it in the endpoint configuration. That is, in your case, new_vCenter. Second, you have MSDTC failures. First thing to do is uninstall and then reinstall MSDTC on your web, manager, and SQL servers (msdtc -uninstall && msdtc -install). This will regenerate the DTC UUIDs because you've probably cloned from the same template to produce those IaaS boxes. Third, you need to check and make sure the DTC settings are correct per the documentation, but it should look like the following.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
afzi148
Contributor
Contributor

I follow the process which you send me all three steps but still it is not working.

The new Log(after follow your process) Details i am sending you.
Kindly Help me in this matter.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Those errors show you still have DTC errors between the manager and SQL. Check firewall connectivity, recheck settings on all, and read the documentation to make sure you've gotten the config correct.

0 Kudos
jstander
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I ran into the same problem and fixed it with following workarounds:

1. Did you clone your Windows templates ? If so MSDTC will not work correctly since they will have the same unique ID.

2. Is NETBIOS, which is used by MSDTC, correctly configured on your network? Can you ping your vRA Nodes, vCenter server, DCs with just the computer name?

I added the IP address and NETBIOS names for all the vRA nodes, vCenter server and the Domain controllers to each of the vRA server's LMhosts file.

Configure domain name and DOMAIN SEARCH PATHS correctly to your VMware appliances

3. Change the MSDTC security settings to “no authentication required” to see if this makes a difference?

4. Change the account access to MSDTC through the following article

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/eb8835d9-5f5b-4df2-8c68-4a61d5e44d6b...

0 Kudos
vasan22in
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi afzi148

Let me know, few questions here

1) Firewall is enable or disabled in your IAAS & SQL servers.

2) If Firewall is enabled, is that all necessary ports are open to communicate.

3) If Firewall is enabled, did you created any new Rule.

Check this and let me know, if you want more help on this.

Thanks,

Srini

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Thanks, Srini
0 Kudos