VMware Cloud Community
petecruz
Contributor
Contributor

vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.3 – Now Available!

On July 10, 2018, VMware released an updated version of its vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.

vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager (vRSLCM) automates Day 0 to Day 2 operations of the entire vRealize Suite, enabling simplified operational experience for customers. The vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager automates install, configuration, upgrade, patch, configuration management, drift remediation and health from within a single pane of glass, thereby freeing IT Managers/Cloud admin resources to focus on business-critical initiatives, while improving time to value (TTV), reliability and consistency.

Check out this blog https://blogs.vmware.com/management/2018/07/vrealize-suite-lifecycle-manager-1-3-whats-new.html by Jimmy Alvarez, Staff Architect, Technical Marketing in the VMware CMBU

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
carl1
Expert
Expert

Well, that link doesn't work (Not Found).  But https://blogs.vmware.com/management/2018/07/vrealize-suite-lifecycle-manager-1-3-whats-new.html​ link does (not http:// on the end Smiley Happy)

Carl L.

0 Kudos
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

On this release we're having issues importing product binaries locally. The request completes successfully but nothing gets mapped. Suggestions?

0 Kudos
KuChGi
Contributor
Contributor

Also can't get the proxy (that worked with 1.2) to work in 1.3.

0 Kudos
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I ran into another bug when trying to import content from an LCM created vRO instance. When attempting to add the Orchestrator-Package type, I get:

No corresponding content types found : SyntaxError: Unexpected token: u (Workflow:List vRO Packages / Get Packages (item1)#3)

A similar message appears when trying to connect to create a new endpoint based on the same instance.

0 Kudos
jerem33
Contributor
Contributor

I have an issue with integration embedded vro or external vro server as an endpoint ... :

First : I don't understand why it seems to use the default account we used to configure the vcenter.

Second :

I have this error everytime I want to add a vro server :

Connection Test Failure : SyntaxError: Unexpected token: u (Dynamic Script Module name : executeSSH#16343)

Thanks for your feedback

0 Kudos
petecruz
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, the link has been fixed.

0 Kudos
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you, the link has been fixed.

Are the issues we mentioned in this thread being tracked? Two of us are seeing:

Unexpected token: u

That is based around endpoint management within this system.

For the issue I mentioned earlier about it registering local ISOs, I had to add/remove the installation bits from the directory multiple times and "hope" it stuck. Trick was to see if the storage amount changed on the LCM GUI, then it would successfully import.

I also tried to upgrade vRA to 7.4 after deploying a fresh 7.3.1 instance through LCM. The instance was extremely small, one appliance, one IaaS, and one SQL DB. On the upgrade pre-checks, it kept failing the Java version verification step. LCM handled Java to deploy 7.3.1. It's odd that it wouldn't work for 7.4 10 minutes later. I tried installing different versions of Java to remove the error it was seeing, validate JAVA_HOME, etc. No dice to get past the verification step.

All of my tests have been in our lab thus far. Unfortunately, I would not feel comfortable deploying this in a production/customer environment in its current state.

0 Kudos
KuChGi
Contributor
Contributor

This isn't new either. I had this pop up on v1.2. Was hoping 1.3 would get around it...

0 Kudos