VMware Cloud Community
DaveMiller8
Contributor
Contributor

vRealize Business For Cloud not showing all VMs

Hi there,

I have this (for me) weird issue with vRealize Business For Cloud. While I see all business units in my overview, it only shows VMs inside half of them. All the folders that I want to be included are on the same hierarchy level, but just some VMs are discovered in these folders, and some are not. When looking at the folder level in vCenter, all the VMs are thereand the security access rights for the vRB service account are the same for every folder (inherited).

Interestingly enough, the amount of shown VMs changes. It used to be 230, then it went down to 98, then up again to 230, down to 98 and yesterday up to 102. Can't figure it out, any idea where to look?

Best,

Dave

Version 7.4.0.19475

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
batuhandemirdal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Restart the web service, check the license and try again?

0 Kudos
DaveMiller8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Restarted the vRB, as well as the whole vCenter. Licensing in vRB shows no problems. Error still persists. Any other ideas?

Best,
Dave

0 Kudos
V00Z11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have the exact same issue. Business Unit count is correct, but only 94 instead of 249 VMs are shown in vRB.

Do you have any new infos regarding this issue?

In addition to this the daily price report shows that for some VMs not all days are calculated. Either the line for a single days is missing at all or it does not contain any values in price columns.

0 Kudos
Czernobog
Expert
Expert

Can confirm this, the problem first appeared after updating to 7.4. An appliance reboot or triggering a "re-calculation" fixed this issue most times.

Also, all weekends+mondays are missing from the showback reports, it seems the calculation does not run on those days.

We have already opened an SR with high severity and recieved a postgres script that resolves the calculation issue partially and are eagerly awaiting a permanent fix. The script will only work, if all VMs are recognized though.

Since the issue has to potential to cause income loss, if you use the vRB data to generate invoices, I can only urge everyone affected to do the same as we did above.

0 Kudos