VMware Cloud Community
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

vRealize Business 7.3 - Pricing custom properties gone

In vRBC 7.3 that was upgraded from 7.2 (perhaps irrelevant), I am seeing that the ability to select from either custom properties or software components is absent when trying to configure Additional Costs in a vRealize Automation pricing policy. These options were present in vRBC 7.2 but are gone in 7.3 as confirmed in two separate environments. As there is not a vRBC forum, is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a solution to restoring the ability to add additional costs based on such things as properties and software components?

6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

GrantOrchardVMware​, do you know if anyone from the vRBC team is on the communities forum?

0 Kudos
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It’s a known issue as per vRBC release notes

"Refer  the vRBC release notes: http://pubs.vmware.com/Release_Notes/en/vRBforCloud/73/vRBforCloud-73-release-notes.html#limitation

After migration, the pricing policy names are not visible in the vRealize Automation virtual machines report.

Since the 6.2.3 version did not support pricing policies, after you migrate 6.2.3 to the later releases, the Pricing Policy Name column displays an empty field value.

Note: The empty policy name appears only for the month when you completed the migration or when or the pricing policy has changed. However, you see the policy names in the later months."

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

The known issue you're mentioning is a totally separate issue from what I'm reporting.

Here is a screenshot showing vRBC 7.2.1 connected to vRA 7.2. You can clearly see custom properties available in the Additional Costs list. Note the three (3) total pages of selectable options as well.

pastedImage_0.png

And here is the same screenshot but on a system with vRBC 7.3 connected to vRA 7.2. This behavior has been confirmed in two separate environments which consist of vRBC 7.3 and vRA 7.2. I've also conferred with a colleague and this same behavior is present on a newly-deployed vRBC 7.3 instance as well as one upgraded from vRBC 7.2.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
TedSpinks
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, I see the same thing.  And not just in upgraded environment - fresh installs of vRA 7.3 / vRB 7.3.  Will someone from the product team please comment on if/when this feature will return?  It was great.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I should have responded earlier. I did manage to get these to show up, but it's a real pain. You first have to deploy a blueprint that has those custom properties attached. Once you do, run a data collect in vRB. Go and add one or more to your policy and assign a cost. They should stick around at that point (I think).

TedSpinks
Contributor
Contributor

Whoa, wild.  OK, I'll give that a try.  THANK YOU!!!

0 Kudos