VMware Cloud Community
balajir1334
Contributor
Contributor

vRealize Automation with Jira

Hi All,

We have a requirement that we need to automate vm provisioning on vmware and cloud environments such as AWS and Azure. Also, we need to integrate with JIRA to track and close ticket automatically. Lets say, if the user created a ticket in Jira, vRealize Automation process the request automatically from JIRA and provision the infrastructure and close the ticket automatically. There is no human intervention on the end-2-end process. Please let me know whether it is achievable with vRealize automation. If yes, please let me know how to implement this solution.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

There's nothing out of the box to do this, but you can use Jira to call out to vRA and request a catalog item using its API.

dexcopper
Contributor
Contributor

i think the docs on the website may help if i understood you clearly - "To integrate vRealize Automation Code Stream with JIRA, an external plug-in is not needed, because the JIRA ticket creation capability is built into vRealize Automation Code Stream as a notification type. To create JIRA tickets on pipeline status, you must add a JIRA endpoint." (Connecting vRealize Automation Code Stream to endpoints (vmware.com)

0 Kudos