VMware Cloud Community
MuayThai88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRealize Automation Server Creation Slow.

I am able to create my servers from vRealize Automation but the servers in vCenter are being created very slow. If I create a server directly in vCenter it creates it very fast. The servers are being created on the same subnetwork that the vCenter exists on so there shouldn't be any bottlenecks between networks.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You can only use a linked clone if you have an active snapshot of a template VM. You can do a full clone regardless of if there are snapshots are not.

0 Kudos
MuayThai88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So another question, my vm is being created but it is not connected to the network, it keeps creating vm with box unchecked. So it's not connecting it to the domain.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Then that may be why it's taking so long. I asked earlier if it was joining it to the domain and you said "yes" but now it sounds like that's not happening, probably due to the network being disconnected. Is that a fair assessment?

0 Kudos
MuayThai88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes that would be a fair assessment. How come it is not cloning it with the vlan (networking) connected? My network profile is setup properly and my blue print has network profile attached with allocated IP range.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

There are a couple possible reasons. First, delete the snapshot, run a data collect, and change your blueprint to do a simple clone. See if it connects after that.

0 Kudos
MuayThai88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So the network connection works, but the creation of the vm is still taking 20 minutes. It should only take 10 minutes. I am also using linked clone which I read is faster than full clone.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

The linked clone portion of the deployment should be extremely quick...maybe a few seconds. The boot process, sysprep answer slip-streaming, and reboot process to apply is what is taking the time. I'm not sure how you're saying this "should take 10 minutes" since you can't get an accurate measure through a manual provision process due to no linked clone support in the web clients.

0 Kudos