VMware Cloud Community
future2000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRealize Automation 8.1 Patch 2

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck deploying 8.1 Patch 2. We've had a number of cracks at getting this to function without success. The task gets to V.raVaWait4UpgradeExec and then never gets any further. The K8 pods are all still running throughout the process and nothing appears to get patched at all.

There are also 2 bundles available....

vrlcm-vra-8.1.0-8.1.0.9583.ovabundle

vrlcm-vra-8.1.0-8.1.0.9583.patch

Both appear the same and can be mapped in vRSLCM, although the ovabundle patch has a newer date. Not sure which we should be using, neither appear to do anything though!

Cheers

5 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hey -

please open an SR ticket with vmware support to get this looked into.

Thru the forum here it will be a tough to troubleshot, as you have to share some logs etc.

but when you start the patch process, you can monitor with more details from inside the vRA appliance itself by running this command:

vracli upgrade status --follow

0 Kudos
dcw12345
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, where did you get those files? I've upgraded to that version via LCM but now I've later come to scale out but I can't because it complains I don't have the right ovabundle for that version. Frustrating product

vra.JPG

I followed the guide in VMware Knowledge Base which suggests getting the LCM vra patch from here https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/patch#search but the search returns no results

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

they are there, but choose LCM as a product:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello future2000​,

I just finished my patching process here i will describe the steps:

1. Click on the next link: https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/patch#search
  2. Select vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager as a product and vRA-8.1.0 as category.
  3. Download the next file:
  4. Login into vRLSCM and go to the patch store inside settings.
  5. Import the offline patches (Here in my case the import progress bar finished before the actual import finished so let the patch to be shown in the repository do not get worries if you do not see the patch inmediately). Also if you open a second tab you will see on the requests that there is one task running for "Offline patch mapping"
  6. Go inside the vRA environment and apply the recently uploaded patch (You will see the request in the "Requests" tab.

If you face any issue let me know.

future2000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Lalegre

I am keen to understand whether your patch application for vRA8.1 was actually successful. We had no success actually applying the patch. The request would look to be doing nothing as could be confirmed with following the logs, eventually the LCM job would fail. The task gets to V.raVaWait4UpgradeExec and never proceeds.

The issue doesn't break the 8.1 Patch 1 instance as redeploy has it all working again. Just wanted to get the updates in patch 2 applied. Otherwise I'll have to wait for 8.2, which will hopefully arrive in October some time.

0 Kudos