VMware Cloud Community
elmara1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRealize - Accounts and Passwords

Author : Brian Neuhauser

URL : http:////docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/7.3/com.vmware.vra.install.upgrade.doc/GUID-6CB7D698...

Topic Name : Accounts and Passwords

Publication Name : Installing and Upgrading vRealize Automation

Product/Version : vRealize Automation/7.3

Question :

In order to install vRealize Automation, the used windows services that must have local  administrator permission.  I've been asked by the customer for the reason of that or else they are rejecting to grant this privilege.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
elmara1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks alot everyone. The way I found it so fa is as below:

Yes installation can be done using regular local admin account, and then, replace it with a local admin service account BUT it is a complete hassle.

Yes I understand why we need local admin, BUT, no I didn't get what exact local admin privileges are mandating this request.

I'll consider it as a closed case.

Thanks alot again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
elmara1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

* correction: the used windows services account

0 Kudos
bneuhauser
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Are you looking for the names of the Windows services that get created and that use the service account?

0 Kudos
elmara1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Actually I need to know why local admin privilege is required?

0 Kudos
bneuhauser
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It’s required in order for the Manager Service to host various service endpoints. There are workarounds to the problem, but they're not qualified or supported. (I don't know what the workarounds entail; it's just something I heard about second hand.)

0 Kudos
elmara1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks alot everyone. The way I found it so fa is as below:

Yes installation can be done using regular local admin account, and then, replace it with a local admin service account BUT it is a complete hassle.

Yes I understand why we need local admin, BUT, no I didn't get what exact local admin privileges are mandating this request.

I'll consider it as a closed case.

Thanks alot again.

0 Kudos