VMware Cloud Community
rohi38rtt
Contributor
Contributor

vROPs (Epops) Monitor VCAC-SERVER / VCO-SERVER

Hi,

I have installed epops agent on my vRA appliance and I want to monitor both vcac-server and vco-server, But I am unable to do so.

The UI ask for State.Name. when provided vcac or vcac-server or vco or vco-server, it's not able to monitor.

I found one link on the web to check the state name based on PID using Sigar-1.6.6.13.jar. But the result for both the services were same. The State.Namewere java.

With this, the monitor was able to recognize the service but it was in general to all java related service.

I did one test and stopped the vco-server but the health monitor didn't showed any issue. According to it, the service was up and running.

Anybody found any resolution for this ?  (Management pack is not an option at this time.

vRA version - 7.3.0

vROps version - 7.0

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GayathriS
Expert
Expert

Hi

The primary option is VRO management pack as you dont want to use that option .

VM/ application level monitoring can be done by EPOPS or SDMP .

I havent tried with VRO service being monitored

Could you help me with a screen shot of how does it show from vrops for vro?

regards

Gayathri

0 Kudos
rohi38rtt
Contributor
Contributor

Please find the screenshot attached.

I ran the sigar command to get the stateName for rabbitmq-server and used that stateName in vrops to monitor the service and it worked fine.

But when I was following the same steps for vco-server, vcac-server or vco-configurator and for all the stateName was java.

Now, if I use this stateName then eops shows the service healthy but I am not sure that which service is it monitoring or it's monitoring all java service.

But if it is the case, then I won't be able to find out which service is down.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Firstly, it's not technically supported to install EpOps agents on the vRA appliance. Second, it may not even work with vROps 7.0 (I know it did early). And, third, you don't manually define your services, you use the appropriate EpOps management pack which already has the service definitions pre-built for vcac-server and vco-server (among others).

0 Kudos
GayathriS
Expert
Expert

Hi

The Only 2 services we were able to monitor were Rabbit MQ service and Postgress service.

The Reason :-  All other Services we see on the VAMI page are wrapper services and internally call some other service

Then we monitor those services via Log Insight, So, we now deploy VRA Content Pack which says that it will Monitor all the VRA services.

Check out below link will give you more information

Monitoring your VMware Cloud Services – Kloud Konnect

Please mark this as "correct" or " Helpfull" if this answers your query.

regards

Gayathri

0 Kudos