VMware Cloud Community
Naineyess
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRO maximum executions possible ??

Hi

I am working on project where we are planning to use vRO as an automation tool, so wanted to check the maximums of vRO like:

1) how many workflow executions we can have at the same time?

2) how Manny workflows can be in running mode at the same time ?

3) how many configuration elements / attributes we can read and write at the same time ?

4) Inventory list limits ?

5) Database limits (SQL, Postgres)

Thanks!!

3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

1) by default there is a queue for 10000 executions, configurable via property com.vmware.vco.workflow-engine.executors-max-queue-size

2) by default there are 300 workflow executors, configurable via property com.vmware.vco.workflow-engine.executors-count

3) I don't think there is a limit

4) I don't think there is a limit (but large inventory slows down the client and API calls)

5) I don't think there is a limit

lukez1985
Contributor
Contributor

The 300 concurrent workflows in the running state limit is for a single vRO appliance. This can also be increased by having an active-active vRO cluster (up to 3 active nodes).

If you are trying to use vRO in anger it is better to have an active-active cluster anyway to spread the load not only for running code locally but also for interfacing with external systems.

0 Kudos
lukez1985
Contributor
Contributor

Is this answer correct enough for you? If so would you mind marking it as correct?

0 Kudos