VMware Cloud Community
msk05
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vRO issue after upgrade from vRA 7.1 to 7.4

A) After the upgrade. When I tried to login to vRO using control center I noticed 3 below issues. It is inbuilt vRO

1) There is no "startup" option icon

2) There is no "Roll based access management" icon

3) There is no gear icon to logout from control center portal

pastedImage_0.png

B)  When I try to use vRO web based UI I am getting below error

pastedImage_1.png

Authentication provider was configured earlier properly. However, when I tried to reset via GUI or command line "/var/lib/vco/tools/configuration-cli/bin/vro-configure.sh reset-authentication" there is no effect.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
msk05
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I am able to fix this issues by following below configurations.

1) Access the advanced Orchestrator Management page at https://vra-va-hostname.domain.name_or_load_balancer_address:8283/vco-controlcenter/#/?advanced

Note : Some of the menu items that are available in Control Center of an external vRealize Orchestrator are not included in the default Control Center view of an embedded Orchestrator instance. In Control Center of the embedded Orchestrator server, a few options are hidden by default.

2) Unregister vRA authentication and register it again

3) Error message disappeared from vRO monitor and it work fine

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MikeNox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had the same issue as your problem 2 (I am using vcetner as a Authentication provider)

B)  When I try to use vRO web based UI I am getting below error

I resolved by going to "Configure Authentication Provider", screen shotting my settings,  un-register the vcenter, & save, then re-register the vcenter,

I then restarted vco-configurator..

I noticed the missing items (startup, roll based, logout), but I am so used to features being added removed, I was hesitant to post in case this was a feature, not a bug. 

0 Kudos
msk05
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your response. I am using vRA as authentication and I couldn't see unregister option.  How did you managed to do that ?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Found the "startup" Settings in the VAMI Interface of vRA:

pastedImage_0.png

Drink coffee.. Do stupid things faster with more energy...
0 Kudos
msk05
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Any thoughts on how to unregister authentication from vRO ?

0 Kudos
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think unregister is not possible... but maybe this could be a workaround:

I have created a custom group in my tenant (not in vsphere.local) and add a domain group to it. After that i changed the "default tenant" in the vRO config to my tenant and the "admin group" to the custom group.

BTW... the "Roll based access management" is now found in the new web UI:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
msk05
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I did that now I am unable to access the web UI itself. Tried from different browser and machine, restarted configurator and server service but no luck

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hm... something usefull in the catalina.log?

0 Kudos
msk05
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ya there was a memory leak with this error message in catalina.out log "The web application [vco-control center] appears to have started a thread named [Logging acceptor thread 8238] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak".

Hence I reverted to the snapshot and back to same issue again where web UI has that error message.

0 Kudos
msk05
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I am able to fix this issues by following below configurations.

1) Access the advanced Orchestrator Management page at https://vra-va-hostname.domain.name_or_load_balancer_address:8283/vco-controlcenter/#/?advanced

Note : Some of the menu items that are available in Control Center of an external vRealize Orchestrator are not included in the default Control Center view of an embedded Orchestrator instance. In Control Center of the embedded Orchestrator server, a few options are hidden by default.

2) Unregister vRA authentication and register it again

3) Error message disappeared from vRO monitor and it work fine

0 Kudos