VMware Cloud Community
normankean
Contributor
Contributor

vRO Cluster stuck at Pending Restart

I have a two now vRA 7.3 clusters using the embedded vRO.  When I look at the cluster health in vRO Control center it's saying both nodes are "Pending Restart".  I've rebooted both the vco-server and the entire VMs multiple times without any luck.

Looking at the "Validate Configuration" I'm getting the two errors below.

"A server restart is required because of a configuration change that is not yet applied."

and

"The Orchestrator cluster is in an inconsistent state."

No matter what I do or all my searching google I'm not finding any solutions.  So, I"m putting it out to the community for some help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

How long have you waited between seeing these messages? Sometimes it takes several minutes for vRO to clear this status and realize the configuration is in sync.

0 Kudos
normankean
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to research an answer for the last 3 days so it should have replicated by now.  Also restarted both systems a few times since then.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

At this point I'd suggest looking at the log files when you perform a restart of the main vco service to see what it says.

0 Kudos
normankean
Contributor
Contributor

Any suggestions on what logs to start with?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Look at /var/log/vco/app-server/server.log

0 Kudos
normankean
Contributor
Contributor

Turns out one of my nodes had fallen out of the cluster.  I believe it was because of my NSX load balancer configuration being incorrect.  After fixing NSX and adding it back to the cluster all is good.

0 Kudos