VMware Cloud Community
andrey09
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRO 7.3 Powershell module. can't connect host

Hello guys.

Have a strange bug with powershell module. When i try to attach powershell host workflow runs for a long time and nothing happens. Not any errors both on vro and powershell host

It looks like it wait for something.

WinRM works fine and have only info message "Creating WSMan shell on server with ResourceUri: %1"

It can run for a days until i cancel workflow.

Any suggestions ?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
philk33
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had a similar problem and it was caused by running powershell 5.1 with an older powershell plugin. What I did was installed the updated plugin here:

Technical preview version of VMware vCenter Powershell Plug-in 1.0.x

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm having a similar issue to this as well. Just curious while this is running, if you were to stop the WinRM service on the target PowerShell host you want to add does it complete the workflow and add it to the plug-in inventory? After the item is added to the inventory we're still unable to run any commands against the new host. We took a peek at the event viewer on the target host and couldn't find any errors in the WinRM logs. We also looked at the plugin side on vRO, and couldn't make sense of the stack trace that was being thrown while it tried to collect inventory. Something is getting lost in translation back to vRO, and our best guess at the moment is that it has something to do with a proxy server that facilitates connection between the two.

0 Kudos
andrey09
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

> if you were to stop the WinRM service on the target PowerShell host you want to add does it complete the workflow and add it to the plug-in inventory?

Yes. When i restart WinRM service the workflow completes successfully and host creates in inventory.

> After the item is added to the inventory we're still unable to run any commands against the new host.

Yes. It's runs forever like an adding PS host workflow.

I have tested it against 3 another hosts and disabled GPO with no success .

Now i have deploying new VCO host for test

0 Kudos
philk33
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had a similar problem and it was caused by running powershell 5.1 with an older powershell plugin. What I did was installed the updated plugin here:

Technical preview version of VMware vCenter Powershell Plug-in 1.0.x

andrey09
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just few minutes ago found this topic by myself . But thank you too Smiley Happy

0 Kudos