VMware Cloud Community
wllp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRB 7.1 - Business Management Tab keeps loading and no content

I have registered the vRB for cloud (7.1) to vRA 7.1. Permission has been assigned to view the Business Management Tab (Business Management Administrator).

When I click on the Business Management tab, it keeps loading. Also, if I click on Administration >  Business Management, it keeps loading too.

I have done the followings:

1. Update the Time Settings - All servers time are in sync (Less than 10 secs difference)

2. Restart all servers

3. Re-register the vRA in vRB Appliance

4. Clear browser cache

However, it is still not loading at all.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
wllp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

To add on, there is no internet connection available in the environment.

0 Kudos
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

We had a similar issue with our setup awhile back and it was due to lack of privileges with the account used for the vCenter Server in the Manage Private Cloud Connections pane. Per the installation guide:

vrbPreq.PNG

Same behavior where it would just "load" forever. Hopefully a similar tweak will fix yours.

0 Kudos
wllp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Thanks. I already have the user created and this user has the administration privileges.

The problem is I can't login to the Administration > Business Management menu to add the vCenter. It keeps loading forever.

Any other help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Interesting, so you can't even load the Business Management tab? For stuff like this I would check out the Infrastructure >> Monitoring >> Log tab, and if nothing useful is there, then the catalina.out file in /storage/log/vmware/vcac by SSH'ing into the vRA appliance. Hopefully you'll catch the exception in that catalina.out file once you click on the tab. My first guess would be a connection, name resolution, or certificate issue if it won't even load the spot to configure it.

0 Kudos
wllp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There are not errors logged when I tried to access the Administration > Business Management menu, or the Business Management tab.

I am seeing this error on the Infrastructure > Monitoring > Log. This error seemed to be logged after I have rebooted the servers and was logged only at 8am when the workflow was triggered automatically. It was not logged previously.

Error Message:

VcbmStorageCostProfilesManagement Workflow failed : One or more errors occurred.

One or more errors occurred.

Inner Exception: An error occurred while sending the request.

Stack Trace:

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)

at VMware.VcbmModel.Activities.GetRegisteredVCenters.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)

at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Inner Exception: at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at VMware.Cafe.SignRestRequestMessageHandler.<SendAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at DynamicOps.Common.Client.RestClient.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<<GetResource>b__0>d__3.MoveNext()

at DynamicOps.Common.Client.RestClient.<RetryWebRequestWrapper>d__af.MoveNext()

at DynamicOps.Common.Client.RestClient.<GetResource>d__7`1.MoveNext()

at VMware.VcbmModel.Client.VcbmServiceClient.<GetRegisteredHosts>d__a.MoveNext()

I am also not seeing any errors in the catalina.out files, except for a warning message:

vcac: [component="cafe:shell" priority="WARN" thread="tomcat-http--21" tenant="" context="fIg4MLzY" token="fIg4MLzY"] net.sf.ehcache.pool.sizeof.SizeOf.deepSizeOf:75 - The configured limit of 500 object references was reached while attempting to calculate the size of the object graph. This can be avoided by adding stop points with @IgnoreSizeOf annotations. Since the CacheManger or Cache <sizeOfPolicy> elements maxDepthExceededBehavior is set to "abort", the sizing operation has stopped and the reported cache size is not accurate. If performance degradation is NOT an issue at the configured limit, raise the limit value using the CacheManager or Cache <sizeOfPolicy> elements maxDepth attribute. For more information, see the Ehcache configuration documentation.

0 Kudos
nslattery
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi wllp did you solve this issue? I experienced the same problem with vRB not loading and fixed it by re-registering vRA in vRB for Cloud. It looks like you tried that though and it didn't work so just wondering if you got to the bottom of it.

0 Kudos