VMware Cloud Community
pizzle85
Expert
Expert

vRA with SCCM VirtualSccmProvisioning Workflow

I'm attempting to use the VirtualSccmProvisioningWorkflow to deploy Windows VMs in vCenter. I'm currently using the LinuxKickstartWorkflow with no issues. I have configured the required properties for SCCM deployments. I have a fairly large SCCM environment with multiples of each server role. We also use SCCM in a self-service model where we have hundreds of groups using the SCCM server, each one has a top collection that they must limit all their sub collections to. I am working in this model: AllComputers > DEPTROOT > vRA where vRA is the only collection i own and is the collection i define in the vRA SCCM properties. When i attempt to deploy a VM it executes the sccm workflow stub, after a few minutes the deployment fails, then another few minutes later i see the new computer object appear in SCCM. Its a member of AllComputers and DEPTROOT but there's nothing on the vRA collection that would make it a member of that collection. When the sccm workflow stub fails i get this error in the DEM logs:

[UTC:2015-02-23 20:09:32 Local:2015-02-23 15:09:32] [Error]: Thread-Id: 18 - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<boolean>false</boolean>

Workflow 'SccmRegisterMachine' failed with the following exception:

System.Management.ManagementException: Generic failure

at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)

at System.Management.ManagementObject.InvokeMethod(String methodName, ManagementBaseObject inParameters, InvokeMethodOptions options)

at DynamicOps.SccmModel.Activities.SccmImportComputerResource.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)

at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Is anyone out there successfully using the VirtualSccmProvisioningWorkflow?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BAHill
Contributor
Contributor

When trying to run SCCM VirtualSCCMProvisioning Workflow I receive this error:

Workflow 'SccmRegisterMachine' failed with the following exception:

Generic failure

at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)

at System.Management.ManagementObject.InvokeMethod(String methodName, ManagementBaseObject inParameters, InvokeMethodOptions options)

at DynamicOps.SccmModel.Activities.SccmImportComputerResource.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)

at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Is anyone out there familiar/running SCCM Provisioning workflows?

CT
0 Kudos
nsb24
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Go into SCCM directly and right click on the target collection where you intend to register machine. If you see "Add Resources" option disabled then you won't be able to do the same thing from vRA. If it is enabled then it may be some other problem. But I suggest to check upon that first.

0 Kudos