VMware Cloud Community
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vRA vRO plugin Business Group Limit

... is apparently 25 Business Groups.

vRA can have many more Business Groups (we built 60+ of them).  Unfortunately most of them cannot be found in plugin inventory so all XaaS actions and anything requiring a Business Group inventory object (vRO) will not work for business groups that do not exist in plugin inventory.  (This is CAFE side, because the Provisioning Groups--all of them--do exist in the IaaS side of the plugin inventory.)

I have a support ticket in, but by chance does anybody know if that limit can be extended through configuration?  (file or otherwise)

Thanks.

Sean

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

6.2.2 version of the plugin should fix this.  We are working on upgrading.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

6.2.2 version of the plugin should fix this.  We are working on upgrading.

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Let me know if you want this checked in the 6.2.2 version Sean.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks Grant.

We got through the upgrade of all our environments middle of last week.  60+ business groups now happily (though slowly) presenting themselves in the plugin inventory now.  I am still using Provisioning Groups for presentation side stuff, but then during Workflow... I have to slowly get the actual BG object to work with.  (e.g. for Entitlements, Reservations, etc)

Hope life is treating you well!  Smiley Happy

Sean

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Yeah mate, back home after some good times in HQ! Good to actually meet face to face.

Stay safe, I'm sure I'll see you again at VMworld Smiley Happy

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Wow... this sounds like an absolutely horrible bug.  Just out of curiosity do either of you know if there is an operational limitations/maximums guide for vRA?  Something similar to what I get here VMware KB: VMware vCloud Director 5.5 Configuration Maximums for vCD?  I can't seem to find anything for vRA.

0 Kudos