VMware Cloud Community
Barcode
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRA Tenant Logon Page Customization

Hi All,

I know this is probably a long shot, however figured it was worth asking.

We have a vRA7.3 deployment, and were curious if there is ANY way, (easy or hack and slash) to change the logon window.

We want to remove or edit the "Forgot Password" at the bottom of the logon window (see attached).

Ideally we would like to have a hyperlink in its place or anywhere else in the logon window, that directs users to an intranet site with instructions on how to access and use the solution.

I will reserve any criticism, as the product has many shining qualities that make up for its deficiencies.

Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jasnyder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You can hack this by editing the /opt/vmware/horizon/workspace/webapps/hc/WEB-INF/views/adapterLogin.jsp file on the vRA server.  First make a backup of the originial (i.e. cp adapterLogin.jsp adapterLogin.jsp.old).

Find line 205, which is where this block begins:

<div class="clearfix pw-field indent-top-30">

<div class="text-center">

<a href="<c:out value="${field.defaultValue}"/>" class="hint text-dark text-sm" id="<c:out value="${field.name}"/>"><c:out value="${field.displayName}"/></a>

</div>

</div>

You want to comment the whole block out by adding "<!--" before and "-->" after:

<!-- <div class="clearfix pw-field indent-top-30">

<a href="<c:out value="${field.defaultValue}"/>" class="hint text-dark text-sm" id="<c:out value="${field.name}"/>"><c:out value="${field.displayName}"/></a>

</div>

</div> -->

This will hide the link from the user:

pastedImage_5.png

Probably a good assumption this will get overwritten if you upgrade or apply patches.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jasnyder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You can hack this by editing the /opt/vmware/horizon/workspace/webapps/hc/WEB-INF/views/adapterLogin.jsp file on the vRA server.  First make a backup of the originial (i.e. cp adapterLogin.jsp adapterLogin.jsp.old).

Find line 205, which is where this block begins:

</div>

</div>

You want to comment the whole block out by adding "<!--" before and "-->" after:

<!-- <div class="clearfix pw-field indent-top-30">

</div>

</div> -->

This will hide the link from the user:

pastedImage_5.png

Probably a good assumption this will get overwritten if you upgrade or apply patches.

Barcode
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Very much Justin...

That worked...

Any tips on adding a hyperlink to that login box? or is this as good as it gets.

cheers

0 Kudos
jasnyder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Well you would just change the code instead of commenting out (no <!-- and -->)...

<a href="http://www.google.com" class="hint text-dark text-sm" id="externalLink"/>Click Here To Sign Up For Access</a>

</div>

</div>

Change http://www.google.com to wherever you want to send them (URL)

Change "Click Here To Sign Up For Access" to whatever message you want the link to say.

pastedImage_0.png

Barcode
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Justin.

That worked perfectly...

That's worth a beer!

0 Kudos
neharani95
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey . Need one help . when users doesnt have access to portal , one error message is displayed . i want to edit that message. How can i do that.

0 Kudos