VMware Cloud Community
reteer
Contributor
Contributor

vRA Software Component

Author :

URL : http:////docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/7.4/com.vmware.vra.prepare.use.doc/GUID-530ABF4D-E0E...

Topic Name : Install the Guest Agent on a Linux Reference Machine

Publication Name : Preparing and Using Service Blueprints in vRealize Automation

Product/Version : vRealize Automation/7.4

Question :

Ok, I'm running vRA 7.4. I added a software component (bash script) to a blueprint that creates a RHEL 7 virtual machine. The vRA guest automation agent/software bootstrap agent is installed and running on the RHEL 7 template that is being provisioned. I also prepared the Linux machine by running the script the agent provides. There is not a networking issue because I can reach everything (good ping, ssh, nslookup, etc.) I can't get the deployment to complete, the bash script does not execute. It just hangs up and then finally fails the deployment because the bash script is not run (times out).

0 Kudos
6 Replies
reteer
Contributor
Contributor

to add when running ./prepare_vra_template.sh I enter the manager service load balancer FQDN for both the appliance and the manager service when it asks. could that be my problem?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

No, that's what you're supposed to do. Please show some screenshots of the execution result. What type of vRA license do you have assigned?

0 Kudos
reteer
Contributor
Contributor

I can't provide you with a screenshot because its on a government classified system however I can tell you the details. On the execution information screenin vRA it says "Request failed: Machine <hostname>: InstallSoftwareWorkflow. Install software work item timeout.

Marking as ABORTED. A preceding component request has Failed or parent request is Cancelling.

We are using an enterprise license for vRA.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Without more information there's not much we can do to help other than to tell you to open an SR with VMware. That message you're receiving means that vRA was not able to push the software component down to the machine which is usually an agent issue or a communication issue.

0 Kudos
carl1
Expert
Expert

Just a thought.  I don't suppose https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/56614

would apply?

Carl L.

0 Kudos
lukez1985
Contributor
Contributor

check the guest agent logs on the provisioned VM before it gets destroyed, it should tell you what is wrong

0 Kudos