VMware Cloud Community
ManGroup
Contributor
Contributor

vRA Guest agent - wait.vbs looping (KB2973337 is installed)

Good morning

I have a problem with the vRA guest agent causing looping on wait.vbs on 2008 R2 Standard builds (2012 R2 builds seem ok). I have read the various articles on google which suggested both a registry entry to disable TLS 1.2 / a patch which was released last year

the IaaS server is 2012 R2 and has KB2973337 installed which should resolve this problem

Any suggestions as I am at a bit of a loss on this one!

vRA 6.2.1

0 Kudos
8 Replies
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you trying wim provisioning or Clone with Guest agent provisioning? Any logs will be helpful.

0 Kudos
ManGroup
Contributor
Contributor

SCCM provisioning hence the requirements for the guest agent to report back to the IaaS server the build is "successful"

interestingly that worked OK but the wait.vbs loop remains on all 2008 R2 boxes after build

the only work around I have found for now is to disable to the VRMGuestAgentService and reboot which is not ideal at all

which logs would be most useful and from the built server or from the IaaS server?

0 Kudos
ManGroup
Contributor
Contributor

the experiences being shown is the interactive service detection is being show

when you view the message it shows the CMD stuck on a looping wait.vbs which never ends

guestagent.PNG

0 Kudos
ManGroup
Contributor
Contributor

it is also worth noting that the VCACGuestAgentService is installed, started and working

I can submit requests via vRA to shutdown the machine and they work fine

its just  the wait.vbs loop on 2008 R2 machines which appears broken (maybe it isnt)

I can make the problem go away by disabling the Interactive Services Detection service but this is surely just masking the actual problem shown in the screenshot above

W

0 Kudos
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Sorry i don't have any idea. Lets see someone else might have some info on this.

0 Kudos
keeleral
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

do you have the custom property set "VirtualMachine.Admin.UseGuestAgent" set to "true" in your blueprint?  We were also using an old agent install, my suggestions is to get the agent install from the vRA server ever time you build a box.

0 Kudos
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi

not using that property as we are deploying from SCCM rather than VM templates (I wish we were using templates!)

my only work around is to install the agent so vRA understands the machine is finished building and reports "successful" and doesn't randomly decide to delete it and then stop and disable the guest agent service

there must be a better way

0 Kudos