VMware Cloud Community
Treyvon
Contributor
Contributor

vRA Form Designer Setting Constraints on Fields Issues

Hi everyone, so currently I'm having some issues with setting constraints in the Form Designer. At the moment I have field "Location", and field "Server". What I'm trying to do is set a conditional constraint, where if field "Server equals 'PROD'" then the default value of "Location" is set to "X2". What's currently happening however is the field has set itself to "X2" for both when the "Server" field equals PROD or NON-PROD, as well as being  Read-Only somehow. I have no other constraints currently set so I'm a little confused with what's happening and it would be great if you guys could help me out!

VMWARE HELP.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
xian_
Expert
Expert

Click on value and set the value for the case PROD, instead of setting the default value below:

xian__0-1614025954636.png

Treyvon
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the help, is there any way to set it so it becomes the default value, but still gives the option to choose a different selection from a drop down box? Currently it makes it a read-only value.

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert

Then make it dropdown type, set only default value, with External (i.e. vRO action). The action should have a string input and bind it to input server:

xian__1-1614027683778.png

Then your action does the actual logic (mapping of default value depending on server input). You'll need  to list other possible options on the Values tab.