VMware Cloud Community
atoerper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA Enterprise install - Primary Appliance Node error

The full enterprise installation has completed and all services are running. All functionality appears to work but the primary node displays the following on the console page. Would like this message to clear before performing any additional config.

Capture.PNG

The boot.msg log shows the following at the end of the log

Xenon sync service successfully started.

<notice -- Oct 15 15:29:09.96558000> 'xenon-sync-service start' exits with statu                                                                                                                     s 0

Master Resource Control: runlevel 3 has been reached

Failed services in runlevel 3: elasticsearch

<notice -- Oct 15 15:29:09.105596000> killproc: kill(555,3)

0 Kudos
8 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Workaround 1: Redeploy the VA

Workaround 2:

Review /var/log/boot.msg file. The deployment is actually healthy, if the below error is observed:

Failed services in runlevel 3: elasticsearch

1. Restart the VA.
  2. Verify that all services come up in the VAMI page.
  3. Cleanup the error message displayed in the console by editing /opt/vmware/etc/isv/welcometext file
    and replacing its content as below:
    ${app.name} - ${app.version}

---------------

we are coming up with a KB on this

0 Kudos
Noemie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello ,

Do the KB  is already avaliable ? I often have this issue and being crazy to reploy each time my vra apliance.

Thanks,

NB: i'm actually on vra 7.5 HF 4

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

it is, but the KB kinda has the steps that I have listed above ^^

why do you have to redeploy vRA so often?

in vRA 7.6 this should not happen (or at least, very rarely)

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert

I have this same error in my 7.6 development cluster. Are the only two fixes still re-deploy or reboot until it works?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Where were those the only two fixes? See Workaround #2 (which should really be the default choice) in gradinka's message here.

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert

I hope not, but those were the only two options provided here. Unless i'm misunderstanding, option two says restart the VA, wait for the services to start, then manually remove the error lines from the startup message file...

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Because it's an erroneous message if the services are all actually started and the appliance functions correctly. Obviously, if those aren't true statements, then your appliance is foobared and you need to delete and start again.

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert

Gotcha, I missed the first line of the original question. Caught the picture and read down from there.

0 Kudos