Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vRA Custom Forms Data Grid - add and configure more disks

Hi,

Does anyone know how to force this:

pastedImage_0.png

To work like this:

pastedImage_1.png

Without Custom Forms it is easy to create new disks on request. We can configure size, drive letter, label and what is most important Storage Reservation Policy.

When I've switched to Custom Forms, I cannot force Data Grid to works like that.

Can anyone help me to do that?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

I attach the manual "Preparation and use of service projects in vRealize Automation" read from page. 627

Using the Data Grid Element in the Custom Forms Designer

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
KocPawel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks a lot because the document is very useful for me in other cases but unfortunately in this, it didn't help.

There is only basic information which I tried before. But for example how to allow the user to select storage reservation policy, hot get info about template disks like in old version....that's the case.

0 Kudos
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can't unfortunately. Grids do not support dropdowns/auto complete for fields.

The best you can do is run External Validation on it after they input their desired settings.

ysfpro04
Contributor
Contributor

Hi stevedrummond

if you already did it with an external validation , could you please share the config on the custom form with more details.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
mduchaine
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In my VRA 7.6 deployment, the custom form disk grid is NOT populated automatically. It's blank.
Is this behavior by design? If so, is there a standard VRO workflow to populate the grid perhaps?

Thanks

dgberrid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm having the same issue. On my existing blueprints that were using the data grid for disks the original values are there but now the deployments are creating duplicate disk because the old disk ids don't match whatever they are now.

If you can get the correct IDs for the disks you can populate the csv your self but I can't find them. I tried querying the blueprint api so I could view the ids as in this post https://communities.vmware.com/t5/vRealize-Automation-Tools/How-to-get-the-vm-component-disk-id-whil... but the ids all come back as zero!

0 Kudos
dgberrid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm having the same issue. On my existing blueprints that were using the data grid for disks the original values are there but now the deployments are creating duplicate disk because the old disk ids don't match whatever they are now.

If you can get the correct IDs for the disks you can populate the csv your self but I can't find them. I tried querying the blueprint api so I could view the ids as in this post https://communities.vmware.com/t5/vRealize-Automation-Tools/How-to-get-the-vm-component-disk-id-whil... but the ids all come back as zero!

0 Kudos
DianaKovacheva
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

To configure a drop down in the datagrid export the custom form, edit it manually and import it back

The field with type string in the datagrid can be changed to dropdown when a valueList property is added: 

"arrayOfSelection": {
"type": {
"dataType": "complex",
"fields": [{
"label": "Value",
"id": "column_1",
"type": {
"dataType": "string"
},
"valueList": [
"a",
"b",
"c"
]
}]
}
},

To use a vroAction, use an Array/String returning action inside the valueList:

"valueList": {
"type": "scriptAction",
"id": "com.vmware.vra.test/valueListAction",
"parameters": [{
"param_1": "request-reason"
},
{
"param_2": "`2`"
},
{
"param_3": "backup-options"
}
]
},
dgberrid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is by design...

https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/7.6/rn/vRealize-Automation-76.html

Machine disks – Any disk entries/values that are set in the converged blueprint will never be shown in the Custom Form UI. However they will always be added to the request data when you click Submit.

0 Kudos