Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vRA Custom Forms Data Grid - add and configure more disks

Hi,

Does anyone know how to force this:

pastedImage_0.png

To work like this:

pastedImage_1.png

Without Custom Forms it is easy to create new disks on request. We can configure size, drive letter, label and what is most important Storage Reservation Policy.

When I've switched to Custom Forms, I cannot force Data Grid to works like that.

Can anyone help me to do that?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
User Moderator
User Moderator

Hi,

I attach the manual "Preparation and use of service projects in vRealize Automation" read from page. 627

Using the Data Grid Element in the Custom Forms Designer

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks a lot because the document is very useful for me in other cases but unfortunately in this, it didn't help.

There is only basic information which I tried before. But for example how to allow the user to select storage reservation policy, hot get info about template disks like in old version....that's the case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can't unfortunately. Grids do not support dropdowns/auto complete for fields.

The best you can do is run External Validation on it after they input their desired settings.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi stevedrummond

if you already did it with an external validation , could you please share the config on the custom form with more details.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In my VRA 7.6 deployment, the custom form disk grid is NOT populated automatically. It's blank.
Is this behavior by design? If so, is there a standard VRO workflow to populate the grid perhaps?

Thanks

0 Kudos