VMware Cloud Community
thegrumpyengine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA Cloud ABX / vRO - What am i missing!?

Hi,

Currently using vRA Cloud with VMC as the compute layer....hoping someone has some nuggets of gold.

I'm using ABX actions for extensibility because (unless someone knows different) you can't use vRO with a VMC vCenter due to the lack of permission to register the authentication component.(I don't have an on-prem vCenter)

ABX is fine (although I am badly missing vRO constants to hold passwords etc), however i'm now trying to configure some day 2 catalogue items and it appears that when configuring custom forms within Service Broker, any field where an external data source is needed - these actions still only refer to vRO actions rather than including ABX actions. Does anyone know of a workaround / fix because right now I'm stuck with vRA being half functional because the two SaaS products cant interact properly!

TIA

Tags (4)
5 Replies
maverix7
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I cannot say about ABX and day 2, but what exactly is stopping you to use vRO? Using vCenter as an authentication provider is one thing, but using the vCenter plugin to integrate with vCenter/VMC is another and AFAIK it is supported - see here vRO vCenter plug-in for vSphere 6.5+ service releases

0 Kudos
thegrumpyengine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hiya - unfortunately in order to actually use vRO in the first instance you need to configure an authentication provider...and if a VMC vCenter or vRA SaaS isn't supported then talking about plugins is arbitrary.

Thanks

gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

can you clarify which vRO version are we talking about?

0 Kudos
thegrumpyengine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi. I've tested with a standalone vRO 8.1 (up to patch 2). I've also tested with a 7.6 appliance. No difference with either.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Zueritram
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Lets hope they add vIDM as an authentication source.

The only ugly workaround I see is to deploy a dummy vCenter just for vRO authentication... 😕