VMware Cloud Community
vmitra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA Certificate -- Need a way to get PEM and Key file from Final CA Certificate

Hi ,

We are having CA signed certificate but to import it in vRA appliance on 5480 -certificate section

it must have .Pem file and rui.key file to copy paste its key in Import section .

but now customer don't have .PEM and .Key file they just having CA signed certificate (.CER) (Type:Security certificate)

is there any way to go reverse and get required files ?? how to create/Export .PEM file and .Key file from final CA certificate

Please suggest

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

No, think about it. If I can generate an RSA key file based on a public certificate you provide me, what good would security be? You need to go back to your customer and tell them they didn't give you what you need. It won't work any other way.

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Did you generate the certificate request from the vRA appliance?  If so you just import the certificate and leave the key blank (the appliance has it as it generated it along with the csr).  If not, as was already said, you'll need the key from the customer.  Maybe you can generate a new csr from the appliance and ask the customer to have that signed?  There are good blogs on manually generating csr's for vRA and also a certificate management tool you can download (its just a shell script I think).  Good luck. Certificates are always a pain in my experience but once you do it once  it'll all make sense.

0 Kudos