VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

vRA 8.x api how to get a compute components zone. Currently shows the compute resource not zone.

When I make the api call to get a deployments resources the items that are of type Cloud.vSphere.Machine have a property of "zone" which has a value showing the ESX Cluster name.  I think this should be the zone not the compute resource within the zone?  There is also a property labeled "region" which does seem to correctly reflect the region.  Does anyone know how to get the actual zone?  I don't see an id or a link of any sort that would take me to that object.  I want to be able to include the zone in some reporting and otherwise pull it programatically for a deployments or individual resources.

1 Solution
6 Replies
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

@xian_ to the rescue again!  Thanks so much will give this a whirl but I'm sure you're correct.

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Once we renew our support and I hopefully have developer support I will file this as a bug.  This information should be available to easily link.  The actual cloudZone id and/or name should be a part of the deployment and it's resources.  The property of the resource labeled "zone" should be zoneResource or zoneCompute or something more accurate.  Feels like a mistake to me.  Really should not need tribal knowledge to link it all up.

0 Kudos
Ankush11s
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It is part of below api

/deployment/api/deployments/{deploymentid}/resources?resourceTypes=Cloud.vSphere.Machine

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

@qc4vmware what is this "developer support"? 

This thing? https://www.vmware.com/support/services/sdk.html

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yeah I think that is it... and we are not signing up for it unfortunately 😞

0 Kudos