VMware Cloud Community
emacintosh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vRA 8 Expired Deployment Lease

I'm looking for information on what happens when a deployment expires in vRA 8.x, but NOT related to lease policies.  So if we have no lease policies defined, and we set a deployment to expire, what happens when it finally expires?

I thought it would delete the deployment.  But so far in my testing, it just shuts it down.  Is there some default grace period before it deletes?  Will it ever delete?  Is it supposed to delete?  

Aside from a small blurb on the Change Lease day-2, I can only find relevant documentation on Lease Policies - which doesn't help me here, since I'm manually changing the lease.

Any insight is appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
emacintosh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

After some testing, in our environment at least, it looks like there is about a 24.5 hour grace period from the time of expiration until the deployment is deleted.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
emacintosh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

After some testing, in our environment at least, it looks like there is about a 24.5 hour grace period from the time of expiration until the deployment is deleted.

0 Kudos
Thelemanu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

have you found documentation on this feature ? 

any chance the default value of 24 hours could be changed to something different ?

Thanks. rgds.

0 Kudos
emacintosh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Once I understood how it worked in our environment, I didn't go back to see if I could find why it worked that way, or if it's adjustable.  I just communicated it to our users.  

Maybe it is documented somewhere?

0 Kudos