VMware Cloud Community
BrettK1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA 8.6.2 - Not sending Approval Mails to Approvers?

Starting to test out the simpler things as we're getting close to adoption of 8.x - testing Approval Policies!

I have a simple approval policy attached to a test Project, firing on multiple test templates.  As the requestor, I am getting the 'Waiting for Approval' messages.  As the approver (separate account), the request is showing up in vRAs 'Approvals' for me to approve or deny.  As the approver, I am NOT getting an email that there is an approval waiting.

I have tried the approval type as Role Based (Project Administrators), and User Based, either by adding the Project Administrators group, or by explicitly adding the individual approver user account.  All 3 ways resulted in the requester getting the 'pending' mail, the request showing up under 'approvals' for the approver, and no times getting an 'approval is pending' mail for the approver. 

'Pending Approval Request (Notification set to approver) is enabled in 'Notification Scenarios'.

Anyone else see this behavior, or any ideas why?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrettK1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I found this under a separate part of documentation related to quotas:

"When you create a new policy or update an existing policy, the system can take up to two minutes to apply the changes. For example, if you create a new deployment within two minutes of updating a policy, the policy updates might not apply to the deployment request."

It seems this applies to all policies in general, as (at least with an explicitly assigned user) it began working some time later. 

GROUPS on the other hand don't appear to be working.  If an AD group is assigned as approvers, nobody from the group gets mailed.  If the Role 'Project Administrators' is assigned, while 'Project Administrators' is an AD group, nobody gets mailed.  Seems like a similar issue to 'change owner', where groups aren't parsed for their members.

0 Kudos