VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

vRA 8.5 custom day 2 operation inputs null in workflow runs.

I've created a custom day 2 operation that accepts 2 number inputs but when the workflow runs those values come through as null.  Am I missing something in my workflow or do I need to get that data from somewhere in the payload?  Attached is a completed workflow run and you will see cpuCount and totalMemoryMB are blank.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
xian_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Increase the WF version, 0.0.0 will not work.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
xian_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Increase the WF version, 0.0.0 will not work.

RobertPr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

how do the mappings of the resource action look like? Are they directly mapped, or as request?

br, Robert

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

@xian_ My workflows were 0.0.0 .  I bumped them up to 0.0.1 but still those input values are blank.

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

@RobertPr I'm not sure I 100% follow your question.  It is a workflow I've set as a day 2 operation that has two inputs the user fills in when executing the action.  

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Try to sync vRO integration in vRA, or wait 10 minutes. Then re-assingn the wf to the action.

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I waited a few minutes and ran it again and its working now so maybe it just needed to refresh from Orchestrator?  I think that happens like every 5 minutes?

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I don't remember seeing the versioning requirement anywhere in the docs but that sure would have been nice to know!!!  Maybe I overlooked it.

0 Kudos