VMware Cloud Community
jimmyvandermast
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vRA 8.4 announced

https://blogs.vmware.com/management/2021/03/announcing-vra-8-4.html

However, I can't find a real what's new list (yet).
The only things I see are more cloud, more integration, more whatever.  😉

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jimmyvandermast
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yeah, I see vRA 8.4 is available at myvmware!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
harry89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Will be out in april for GA

Harry
VCIX-DCV6.5 ,VCIX-NV6 , VCAP-CMA7
Mark answer as correct/helpful if it solves your query
0 Kudos
jimmyvandermast
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Now vRA 8.4 Standard-Plus is General Available, but what about the others?

https://blogs.vmware.com/management/2021/04/introducing-vmware-vrealize-automation-8-4-standard-plus...

Today we are thrilled to announce the general availability of VMware vRealize Automation 8.4 Standard Plus, the newest edition of VMware’s industry-leading, modern infrastructure automation platform. vRealize Automation Standard Plus is a new entry-level edition of vRealize Automation, which in the latest release is focused on delivering the event-driven software configuration management capabilities of vRealize Automation SaltStack Config.

0 Kudos
jimmyvandermast
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yeah, I see vRA 8.4 is available at myvmware!

jimmyvandermast
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

And I found the first bug.

I deployed vRA 8.4 with Salt as "vRA integrated". That creates 2 VMs (one for VRA and one for Salt) in one environment.
When I delete the environment with LCM, only the vRA VM is removed and the Salt VM is left behind on vCenter.

This sounds just like "then just remove the VM manually", but I use a scripted deployment that detects any failure when deploying an environment. When an environment deployment fails, the script tells LCM to delete it and try again. Since LCM then does not remove the Salt VM, and subsequent attempt will fail for that reason.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

good find, but that was done on purpose.

there is some reasoning behind it (which I personally dont agree with) but the VM is left on purpose 🙂

cheers