VMware Cloud Community
rdsinghc
Contributor
Contributor

vRA 8.3 maximum

If a customer has more than 5000 hosts then what are the options available to use vRA? Currently, vRA cannot support more than 2000 hosts in the environment.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Denis_SovLabs
Contributor
Contributor

If vRA has a hard limit then could you look at a competitor?  Especially if you are multi cloud you could go with someone like Cloudbolt (https://www.cloudbolt.io/) which can manage VMWare and many other cloud providers for deployments and management.  There are other options out there that may not have these same limits and may provide other features that vRA currently does not have.  vRA has however come along in leaps and bounds so it may be a short time till it can support more hosts.  But always worth keeping your eye on the market to see what else is there and to make sure you have the right solution for your needs. Best of luck 🙂 

0 Kudos
rdsinghc
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response. Yes, we are looking at all available competitors to see which one meets our requirements. My intention to ask the limitation questions here so people who may have a similar design requirement can provide some guidance on how they are meeting this requirement with vRA. 

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

TBH this is what has been tested and validated with, but I don't see reason for this number to be a real limit.
it depends more on the number of VMs & deployments that have to be managed across these hosts, and the daily/hourly churn (create-destroy).
Hosts count is just an arbitrary number, nothing will "stop" or "break" if you have a bit more.

you can always open a support ticket or reach out to a TAM and have a discussion.

0 Kudos
carl1
Expert
Expert

At 5000 hosts (50,000 to 100,000 VMs), I am sure VMware will jump a bit if you want any help 🙂

AnantKumarVMwar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, The vRA team published limits that have been tested in our labs. The tested limits are derived based on customer asks that we are aware of.

There are no hard limits and 5000 hosts will be supported.

@rdsinghc, please reach out to us if you see any issues. 

rdsinghc
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @AnantKumarVMwar for the confirmation.

0 Kudos