VMware Cloud Community
Schlass
Contributor
Contributor

vRA 8.1 set dns server for nsx-t deployed network

Hi,

is there a way to set a dns server for a network that I deploy using vRA 8.1 with NSX-T?

I can't seem to find an option in the network profile and there is no dns server property in the rest api

for the fabric networks...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
dcw12345
Contributor
Contributor

Did you figure this out? The only way I could see to set the DNS for an on-demand network was to edit the Network Resource after it has been deployed. However this cannot be achieved via the Service Broker by the person who deployed it. Seems it can only be done by an administrator from Cloud Assembly

0 Kudos
akht
Contributor
Contributor

You can set the following in the network properties.

properties:
  dnsServers: "xx.xx.xx.xx,yy.yy.yy.yy"

danielgarner64
Contributor
Contributor

That option works.
How did you find that option, it's not documented any where on the cloud template editor.

Is there documentation somewhere that lists out all of the options for VRA cloud templates?

0 Kudos
akht
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, It seems to be still no documented...(and vRA8.4 is not too)

Below is not work correctly property.

referential: vRealize Automation 8.1 Resource Type Schema - VMware API Explorer - VMware {code}
⇒Cloud.NSX.Network - dns

And use the dns property, It's return error with following messages.
error : 

Cannot deserialize instance of `String` out of START_ARRAY token at [Source: UNKNOWN; line: -1, column: -1] (through reference chain: com.vmware.admiral.compute.network.ComputeNetworkDescriptionService$ComputeNetworkDescription["dns"])

So I confirmed DNS Servers section in GUI network pane with Chrome development tools.
> Cloud Assembly - Infrastructure - Network - Detail

DNS Servers section in GUI has id "dnsServers", so I tried few times to set DNS with dnsServers property.