VMware Cloud Community
Czernobog
Expert
Expert

vRA 8.1 - General SSLEngine problem - fresh install with LCM and multi-tenancy

I've set up a fresh installation of vRA 8.1, using the LCM workflows. It is a simple environment, with one vIDM and one vRA appliance.

After the installation, I've activated multi-tenancy. The creation of the master and child tenants went on without issues, afterwards I've assigned a certificate to vRA and sync the inventory.

The certificate that is used is a wildcard certificate: *.dom.org, was created on the vIDM and exported into the Locker.

DNS Configuration is:

vIDM: vidm.dom.org 10.0.1.1

Host A for Master Tenant: master.dom.org 10.0.1.1 < login works

vRA: vra.dom.org 10.0.1.2

Host A for Child Tenant: ct.dom.org 10.0.1.2

CNAME: ct.vra.dom.org < error on login

When trying to log in to the Child Tenant, I get redirected to the connector, input my credentials and after beind redirected to the Child Tenant, following error ist displayed in the browser:

Whitelabel Error Page

This application has no configured error view, so you are seeing this as a fallback.

Tue May 05 10:03:22 GMT 2020

[1d5ca56d] There was an unexpected error (type=Internal Server Error, status=500).

General SSLEngine problem

The message is pretty vague. On the page, where the error is displayed, the certificate loaded is the one that vRA got assigned: vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Locker CA.

Any ideas on how this can be remedied?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Maybe a "Re-Trust With Identity Manager" on your vRA Deployment could fix your issue?

Drink coffee.. Do stupid things faster with more energy...
0 Kudos
Czernobog
Expert
Expert

This did not help. I wonder what the reason for the error could be, since vRA and vIDM use the same cert.

0 Kudos
DanWalton
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone find an answer to this issue as yet, I also see this error intermittently but only when multi-tenancy is enabled - on redirect suggest vIDM issues of some kind? 

0 Kudos