VMware Cloud Community
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

vRA 8.1 - Change name - On-Demand network resources

Hello folks,

I been working with the integrations of NSX-T and vRA 8.1 and i could not find the way of rename the On-Demand network objects being deployed. I tried using the "name" custom properties for example inside the Load Balancer object and no luck it is using the same naming convention as for the Machine deployments.

Is there a way of specify a name in a dynamic way but inside the Blueprint and for network object?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I found the way to do it.

From inside the project you can specify some properties to construct the Naming Convention of the provisioned objects and this criteria applies to all of them. Using the property "resource" will use the name that you specify using the property "name" inside the Blueprint.

This is really good because you can even play with the inputs inside the Blueprint so this made it dynamic (Of course it could static also)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I found the way to do it.

From inside the project you can specify some properties to construct the Naming Convention of the provisioned objects and this criteria applies to all of them. Using the property "resource" will use the name that you specify using the property "name" inside the Blueprint.

This is really good because you can even play with the inputs inside the Blueprint so this made it dynamic (Of course it could static also)

0 Kudos