Czernobog
Expert
Expert

vRA 7 - how to enter multiple license key in VAMI?

Jump to solution

Under Licensing there is an information:

Enter a new license key for vRealize Automation, vRealize Code Stream, or vRealize Business. You can enter multiple license keys, one at a time, (...)

How exactly do I do that? I have two vRA 7 License keys and want to use both, without combining them in myVMware.

When I enter one at a time, the license just gets swapped. Entering multiple keys at once (comma separated etc) fails on validation.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If we enter the license for the same product, it is overwritten.  However, licenses of different products/plugins should not overwrite

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What version do you have? And what style of license do you have? Obviously don't post the keys, but what entitlement type are they?

0 Kudos
Czernobog
Expert
Expert

Those were two vRA Suite 7 Advanced licenses, without Code Stream.

I went and merged the licenses, since I needed a quick solution and could not find an answer for my question. It would be great to know the method of inputing multiple licenses for the future though.

0 Kudos
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If we enter the license for the same product, it is overwritten.  However, licenses of different products/plugins should not overwrite

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Czernobog
Expert
Expert

That would be the behaviour I was experiencing, Although it was not possible for me to test it with licenses other than vRA.

I feel like what you wrote should be included in the field description in the VAMI.

0 Kudos