VMware Cloud Community
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vRA 7 - how to enter multiple license key in VAMI?

Under Licensing there is an information:

Enter a new license key for vRealize Automation, vRealize Code Stream, or vRealize Business. You can enter multiple license keys, one at a time, (...)

How exactly do I do that? I have two vRA 7 License keys and want to use both, without combining them in myVMware.

When I enter one at a time, the license just gets swapped. Entering multiple keys at once (comma separated etc) fails on validation.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If we enter the license for the same product, it is overwritten.  However, licenses of different products/plugins should not overwrite

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What version do you have? And what style of license do you have? Obviously don't post the keys, but what entitlement type are they?

0 Kudos
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Those were two vRA Suite 7 Advanced licenses, without Code Stream.

I went and merged the licenses, since I needed a quick solution and could not find an answer for my question. It would be great to know the method of inputing multiple licenses for the future though.

0 Kudos
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If we enter the license for the same product, it is overwritten.  However, licenses of different products/plugins should not overwrite

0 Kudos
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

That would be the behaviour I was experiencing, Although it was not possible for me to test it with licenses other than vRA.

I feel like what you wrote should be included in the field description in the VAMI.

0 Kudos