VMware Cloud Community
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vRA 7 Installation Wizard Prerequisite Checker Issues

Has anyone successfully deployed an enterprise deployment using the vRA 7 installation wizard?

I have deployed two Server 2012 R2 boxes, fully patched, and put the IaaS agent on them. When i get to Prerequisite checker screen it says, "Some prerequisites are not met." but doesn't tell me which ones aren't met. I click the "Fix" button and it again says, "Some prerequisites are not met." then sits forever at, "Waiting for host to trigger a restart.". At this point i can go to the next screen even though the prerequisites are not met. If i come back to the prerequisite checker page it just sits blank with Previous, Next, and Cancel available to select.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

In my case i was seeing the following error in the IaaS Management agent log file "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Management Agent\Logs\All.txt":

[UTC:2015-12-23 22:05:48 Local:2015-12-23 17:05:48] [Debug]: Thread-Id="15" - context=""  token="" Error: A procedure imported by 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.Compiler.dll' could not be loaded.(1)

System.IO.FileLoadException: A procedure imported by 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.Compiler.dll' could not be loaded.

File name: 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.Compiler.dll'

The cause was related to two KBs:

• KB3098779
  • KB3097997

And is described here (disregard the relation to .NET 4.6):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118750

Uninstalling these two KBs got the install working.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
bdamian
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Same scenario here.

Sadly, we had to met requirements manually on the Windows 2012 R2 server. But to allow to check again, we had to click on "Logout" in the up right corner, log in to the appliance again to restart the wizard.

D.

---
Damián Bacalov
vExpert 2017-2023 (7 years)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/damianbacalov/
https://tecnologiaimasd.blogspot.com/
twitter @bdamian
0 Kudos
spride
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm having a similar issue.  When I click "Run" it shows an hour glass to the right of my IaaS box and the message "Waiting for host to trigger the prerequisite check".  It sat like that for over 2 hrs, so I reinstalled the IaaS box from scratch and redeployed the OVF.  Same thing.  I'm not sure what needs to be triggered or I will do it myself.  I checked firewall, DNS, etc., and everything looks fine.  I have *not* done any manual pre-requisite stuff on the IaaS box yet, but t sounds like I may have to.  Bummer.

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

In my case i was seeing the following error in the IaaS Management agent log file "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Management Agent\Logs\All.txt":

[UTC:2015-12-23 22:05:48 Local:2015-12-23 17:05:48] [Debug]: Thread-Id="15" - context=""  token="" Error: A procedure imported by 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.Compiler.dll' could not be loaded.(1)

System.IO.FileLoadException: A procedure imported by 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.Compiler.dll' could not be loaded.

File name: 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.Compiler.dll'

The cause was related to two KBs:

• KB3098779
  • KB3097997

And is described here (disregard the relation to .NET 4.6):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118750

Uninstalling these two KBs got the install working.

spride
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks pizzle85.  While my problem was different, I was able to figure it out by looking in the log you mentioned.  For some reason it could not find the vRA app hostname, but I could ping it using the FQDN.  If I put just the hostname part in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts it was able to resolve and the prerequisite checker started working.

0 Kudos
tomtomv
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just for peoples reference, I also hit this problem and it was DNS related.  Added the VRA hostname to the hosts file and the wizard continued fine.

0 Kudos