VMware Cloud Community
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 7 Cluster Status Not Refreshing Last Connected Times After 7.0.1 Upgrade

Hello,

We have been struggling with vRA 7 in a distributed deployment. We have had many issues with appliances crashing and things not failing over properly. During the upgrade from 7.0 to 7.0.1 and after a reboot of the primary appliance, it did not come back up with all services registered. I was able to repair this by refreshing the SSO settings from the vra management console on the primary appliance. Things seem to be back and stable (for the moment), but I noticed while checking on the cluster status that since the upgrade, the last connected status on the cluster page in vRA management console is not updating. It just stays stuck at "7 hours". I am worried that the cluster is not communicating properly. Has anyone else experienced this?

clusterstatus.jpg

Regards,

Darrenoid

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The time difference for UTC was not the case for us. The time was correct and all components were using UTC. The hours kept climbing. This was eventually resolved after a vra rebuild or update, can't remember which.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bdpEMC-spam
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have seen this display be off by your timezone difference from UTC, e.g. 4/5 hours for Eastern US timezone, 7/8 hours for Pacific US timezone...

Could be what you are seeing as well?

Brian

0 Kudos
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The time difference for UTC was not the case for us. The time was correct and all components were using UTC. The hours kept climbing. This was eventually resolved after a vra rebuild or update, can't remember which.

0 Kudos