vRA 7.6 some catalog items do not preserve service membership with LCM
I'm exporting / importing several ASD and XaaS blueprints with LCM that are organized into services. Most of the blueprints are put into the right service in a new tenant but some are not. I tried to investigate the difference but have not found the root cause yet.
The difference I can see in LCM is in the manifest.json files:
Besides the serviceName the icon entry is also missing. I checked those catalog items in vRA and it might be related to icons (the nice blueprint does not show any icons but the misbehaving has the default vRO icon). I tried to assign icons to the catalog items but did not make any difference.
I also tried to check-in the json files to GIT, add the missing keyValues and import back to LCM. This seemed to resolve the issue for the next deployment, but when I re-captured the blueprint from vRA the keyValues disappeared again.