VMware Cloud Community
Dave_01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA 7.5 Not loading Custom Forms

Hi, Since i Upgraded to vRA 7.5 the Custom Forms Aren't loading.

I just see a spinning Wheel. Anyone else seeing this issue

39 Replies
Zueritram
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Gradinka

Sounds great! Do you have an educated guess when HF1 for 7.5 might be released? Smiley Happy

Cheers

0 Kudos
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

At least there is a KB -> https://kb.vmware.com/kb/59378

Drink coffee.. Do stupid things faster with more energy...
0 Kudos
KuChGi
Contributor
Contributor

I hope they can do better than the war file posted on that KB. forms-service wouldn't even start after following that procedure.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

KB appears to have been redacted at this moment. I didn't even see a WAR file provided when I accessed it a couple days ago.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

that KB is a stop-gap solution to unblock people as ASAP.

as mentioned above the HF1 is being validated -  per current plan it should come up Ist or 2nd week of November.

0 Kudos
atoerper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I wanted to add to this thread as we are experiencing the same issues described throughout this thread with 7.5. This was a clean distributed install so not upgraded from a previous version. Not in production yet but will delay our rollout.  If anyone has any updates on the hotfix please continue to post. We have opened a case and will report back any info we get from that.

0 Kudos
agbiront
Contributor
Contributor

After applying the fix the issue is gone, but now I have a worse issue.

Existing Custom forms cannot be edited. They are broken. If I try to edit a form a new "general" tab is created, it fails with "DUPLICATE ID" (because General already exists) and another one is created failing again with "DUPLICATE ID", and so on... eternally.

0 Kudos
Dave_01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

agbiront   Where did you find the fix, can't find it 

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
chrischrischris
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Can you tell us more about what you trained your users in on cloudclient?  That may be a solution for us too!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Lie_DW
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, recreated them but now I can’t add the disk grid...

0 Kudos
SimonLynch
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you downloaded the patch in the first day or two of release and experiencing issues with the disk grid on the form designer post patch, can you try download again.

I reported the same internally last week, the patch on the KB was updated, once I retested the new copy I had no issues.

0 Kudos
Dave_01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I Trained, them on how to Request Machines,

I manually generated, all the json files per blueprint and placed them within a share, showed them what to edit on that json file, and then how to request a machine via those files.

FTP is asking for username and password. is this our my VMware username and password?

0 Kudos
Lie_DW
Contributor
Contributor

That’s something I haven’t explored yet but I will in the future.

Now I just need to get my windows blueprint in production so the bosses are happy Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
thakala
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Any news regarding HF1 availability?

Tomi http://v-reality.info
0 Kudos
KDUGanesh
Contributor
Contributor

this below KB supports very much, after followed steps, clear cache completely from browser to avoid page not found issue

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/59378

Work perfectly.

0 Kudos
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello!

Any news about HF1?

Robert

Drink coffee.. Do stupid things faster with more energy...
0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As I see it has been delayed to add few more improvements that has been discovered/fixed lately.

can't give an ETA as it will be silly at this point, but it is coming :smileyblush:

0 Kudos
jkghfjkasdhfjka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMware Knowledge Base   This is a known issue.  Look for VMware KB 59378.   Also a 7.5 HF1 to be released soon will also fix it.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Hotfix 1 for vRA 7.5 is now available here:  https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/60310

Don't forget to absolutely always snapshot before installing this or any hotfix.

0 Kudos