VMware Cloud Community
Merijndk
Contributor
Contributor

vRA 7.4 Custom forms

Hi All,

I'm working with the custom forms now a few weeks and my clients are very happy with the new design. Much better structured etc. But some blueprints needs businessgroup specific properties. So previous vRA 7.4 I was able to see/use those properties in the request form.

So my question is: Is it possible to use Businessgroup related properties and values (inherit)  in vRA 7.4 Custom Forms? ATM i cant see them.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NuggetGTR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hey Merijndk​ this is a current limitation in 7.4, I believe this will be addressed in 7.5.

BG properties will still go through to the machine and can be used in EBS etc, There is just not a nice way to add them into custom forms. I was told export the form and add in the properties then re import. I have yet to personally see that work correctly.

________________________________________ Blog: http://virtualiseme.net.au VCDX #201 Author of Mastering vRealize Operations Manager
0 Kudos
KrishnaJayanth
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you help me understand what properties of Business Group were you using with OLD blueprints. I can check if we can get the same properties for Custom Forms. 
0 Kudos