Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

[vRA 7.4] - Bulk import failed : retrieving blueprint and component information

Jump to solution

Hi,

We migrate our VMs from a 7.3 environment to a new 7.4 environment.

We encounter this error :

Error occurred while retrieving blueprint and component information. Message: 'One or more errors occurred.'

We have try to :

- Recreate a New IaaS blueprint.

- IaaS BP are present in the BG entitlement

- We have exported the virtual machines with the option "

- We have modified the CSV file like this :

pastedImage_2.png

Has anyone come across this problem before ?

Thx for your feedback.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hé hé Smiley Happy , HI MukeshIdnani​,

we have found a workaround :

- Use Blueprint Name and not Blueprint ID in a CSV file.

- Disable all Event Broker Subscriptions

- Before on the staging environment, we used the vMware EPIpowershellshell agent for bladelogic. I do not know why but even with the custom properties removed before the virtual machine was exported when we tried to import the VM's into the production environment vRA was trying to call the script for that agent. We just created a PS1 script on the proxy server "InstallSoftware.ps1" with just "exit".

and all works ....VM's are migrated.

Thx for your feedback !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
A couple version earlier you needed to have a Blueprint with a single VM object and that's it, otherwise it wouldn't import. Does your blueprint include more objects?
Can you upload the .csv you're getting from the bulk generator without modifying anything?

Thanks!
Automate Everything!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yep only one object in a IaaS BP :

pastedImage_0.png

This is the file getting from the bulk generator 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have upgraded the vRA version of staging to 7.4.

Both environments are now in identical version but still the same error :smileyangry:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

The only things I see is that you're not defining the Blueprint and the Component, but I guess you're editing that before importing.
Have you tried without the custom properties and see if it works? You can then add them with vRO.

Automate Everything!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thx @

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SAME error without CUSTOM PROPERTIES....

OK, GO vMware CASE :smileyangry:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

we have modified th CSV file with the BLUEPRINT name and not the Blueprint ID and it's works but the Virtual Machines are stuck at step "Machine Provisioned" :

pastedImage_2.png

We have try to disable all Event Broker subscription but same probleme.

Strange no logs appear :smileyangry:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Yann,

Sorry for my late response, one thing which I had in mind and I see it has been corrected now was the blueprint ID = blueprint name (one which you see when you click onto the Machine type).

Other thing I would like for you to please check will be to see if there are scripts being called inside the vM templates( in other word try with base VM template)

Please double check if any event broker subscriptions are getting triggered.

Also make sure to do import with handful of VMs.

vRealize Automation Forum - VMware {code}

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hé hé Smiley Happy , HI MukeshIdnani​,

we have found a workaround :

- Use Blueprint Name and not Blueprint ID in a CSV file.

- Disable all Event Broker Subscriptions

- Before on the staging environment, we used the vMware EPIpowershellshell agent for bladelogic. I do not know why but even with the custom properties removed before the virtual machine was exported when we tried to import the VM's into the production environment vRA was trying to call the script for that agent. We just created a PS1 script on the proxy server "InstallSoftware.ps1" with just "exit".

and all works ....VM's are migrated.

Thx for your feedback !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos