rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA 7.3 - Change VirtualMachine.Disk0.StorageReservationPolicy with vRO

Jump to solution

Hello!

I like to change the VirtualMachine.Disk0.StorageReservationPolicy Property with a vRO Workflow based on CustomProperties. The Workflow was not a big deal but on which Lifecycle State must it run? I tried PRE VMPSMasterWorkflow32.Requested but this State is to late.

Drink coffee.. Do stupid things faster with more energy...
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I got this solved in vRA 7.4 with Custom Forms, the Disks Data Grid and a vRO Action.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CalicoJack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Storage reservation assignment happens during "Allocation" phase (IMHO). No way to make any changes in this phase, actually you can't even catch this even/phase.Requested-PRE is the very next step, when vRA already made all decisions about Reservation/Networking/etc. The only way to override this settings - to give end-user an option to select Reservation policy in request form.

0 Kudos
tteselle
Contributor
Contributor
We set the VirtualMachine.Disk0.StorageReservationPolicy as a dropdown in the IaaS request form w/ the value being driving by a vRO Action.   Lets us use the custom props to set this prior to all vRA Allocation decisions.
0 Kudos
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I got this solved in vRA 7.4 with Custom Forms, the Disks Data Grid and a vRO Action.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
sascha_milic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
...or using PRE Approval stage to change custom properties related to resource allocation...
0 Kudos