VMware Cloud Community
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 7.3 - Change VirtualMachine.Disk0.StorageReservationPolicy with vRO

Hello!

I like to change the VirtualMachine.Disk0.StorageReservationPolicy Property with a vRO Workflow based on CustomProperties. The Workflow was not a big deal but on which Lifecycle State must it run? I tried PRE VMPSMasterWorkflow32.Requested but this State is to late.

Drink coffee.. Do stupid things faster with more energy...
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got this solved in vRA 7.4 with Custom Forms, the Disks Data Grid and a vRO Action.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CalicoJack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Storage reservation assignment happens during "Allocation" phase (IMHO). No way to make any changes in this phase, actually you can't even catch this even/phase.Requested-PRE is the very next step, when vRA already made all decisions about Reservation/Networking/etc. The only way to override this settings - to give end-user an option to select Reservation policy in request form.

0 Kudos
tteselle
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We set the VirtualMachine.Disk0.StorageReservationPolicy as a dropdown in the IaaS request form w/ the value being driving by a vRO Action.   Lets us use the custom props to set this prior to all vRA Allocation decisions.
0 Kudos
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got this solved in vRA 7.4 with Custom Forms, the Disks Data Grid and a vRO Action.

0 Kudos
sascha_milic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

...or using PRE Approval stage to change custom properties related to resource allocation...
0 Kudos