VMware Cloud Community
stjeanl1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 7.3 Appliance Missing Host and Cluster Information

Hello,

We have a newly deployed distributed vRA 7.3 environment spanning across two DCs, main DC contains the core vRA components with two DEMS and two Proxy Agents (vSphere) and the second DC hosts two DEMs and two Proxy Agents (vSphere). There is a resource vCenter in each DCs.

Perhaps there are missing firewall flows but I believe we have them all them in place as we were able to successfully deploy the DEMs and Proxy agents to our remote Datacenter. We have F5 load balancers for the vRA appliances, the Web servers and Manager servers.   

I have noticed that on the main vRA node under the Host Settings tab we see partial and missing information and on the Cluster tab we do not see any info at all.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Luc

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stjeanl1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It looks like it's an known issue. I can see the nodes if I log in the VAMI using IP address.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2150928

Luc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There definitely looks to be a communication issue. You're not showing any management agents report in to the Cluster section, which is odd. Go to one of your Windows IaaS boxes and check the logs for the Management Agent for any errors. Check Windows event viewer under the Application stream. Does it complain about failures to connect? Also, post your configuration for your F5 configuration that sits at the top of the stack

0 Kudos
stjeanl1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, I will have a look at the management agents. As for F5 I cannot get that information at this time.

Thanks

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When you do get the F5 configuration, post the screenshots if you can of the VIP and describe its configuration. I've seen similar issues in the past when the setup guide for F5 isn't adhered to.

0 Kudos
stjeanl1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It looks like it's an known issue. I can see the nodes if I log in the VAMI using IP address.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2150928

Luc

0 Kudos