VMware Cloud Community
tupekm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRA 7.2 mount ISO

Hi,

How can i enable that users are able to mount ISO trough vRA or trough VMRC.

vRO is all configured properly, I am able to trigger mount ISO trough workflow (I need to power VM down in order to make this change) , I enter VM name, path to iso file and it works fine.

I want this to be enabled in vRA portal so users can mount ISO with additional applications (such as SQL...).

Thanks.

Regards, Marin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You'll need to convert this to an action through the XaaS system. Once done, you'll have to entitle it to your users, but then they should be able to perform that action on deployed machines.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You'll need to convert this to an action through the XaaS system. Once done, you'll have to entitle it to your users, but then they should be able to perform that action on deployed machines.

0 Kudos
tupekm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@daphnissov Thanks for that, works great now. Is there any way to mount ISO while VM is powered ON or do i need to power down machine every time when i add / remove ISO? Also i presume this workflow doesn't  affects VMRC console so mounting is not possible from drop down menu (picture in attachment)? Thanks

0 Kudos
tupekm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes, creating an entitling an action will not allow you to perform it through the VMRC, only the vRA web portal.

0 Kudos