TGrissom
Contributor
Contributor

vRA 7.2 - Display Generated Password

I'm looking to add a new resource action to vRA machine objects that allows the user to display a password that was generated for their system. From what I've seen so far, resource actions seem to just give the generic 'Your request has been submitted...' message once an action has been submitted. Is there any way to have a resource action instead return the result of a vRO action to the user's web client?

Additionally, I'm looking to store the generated password in a secure string in the vRA machine properties which means I need a way to read and set these properties from vRA. So far I've had some luck with grabbing the vCACCAFE:CatalogResource object in vRO and reading the vRA properties, and I can update the properties in the local object I'm working with, but I can't seem to put that object back into vRA. I was looking at the vCACCAFECatalogProviderResourceService.createOrUpdateResource() method, but it seems to want different object types than I've been working with and I can't find a whole lot of good documentation around that. Is there an easier way to get and update these custom properties that I'm overlooking?

Thanks!

-Tommy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please look into the thread similar to this issue:

https://communities.vmware.com/message/2467032#2467032

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos