VMware Cloud Community
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 7.0.1 Machines can no longer be managed

Hello,

Today we noticed that the majority of our VMs can no longer be managed in vRA. When navigating to the machine details page from the Items tab, we receive the error "MachineID parameter missing". Those same VMs no longer show up under managed machines either. Indeed looking at the IaaS database, the isManaged field for these VMs in the VirtualMachine table are all set to 0.

I have run datacollection several times to try and refresh this, but to no avail. Has anyone else ever experienced this issue? vRA 7.0.1 is pretty much useless in this state. We cannot take snapshots, access the VM console, or power on/off our VMs, etc.

The last change we made was changing the data collection frequency for the state check from 15 minutes to 5 minutes.

Regards,

Darrenoid

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Grant,

We did file a request when we hit this issue. After doing some digging we found the issue was related to our SQL cluster for the IaaS database. The database was not fully replicated and so the active DB at the time had a bogus copy of data.

Thanks,
Darreoid

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Can you open an SR for this and DM me the details so I can chase it up internally?

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Grant,

We did file a request when we hit this issue. After doing some digging we found the issue was related to our SQL cluster for the IaaS database. The database was not fully replicated and so the active DB at the time had a bogus copy of data.

Thanks,
Darreoid

0 Kudos