VMware Cloud Community
szafa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA 6.2.4 "No permissions to test the connection to the identity store."

Hi All

I need to fix some old vRA that was not in use for ages . I mange to recreate certs on both vRA and VMware Identity appliance and login to vRA with default SSO acc. (administrator@vsphere.local). I can see tenant and associated identity store but AD authentication is not working.

vmware-sts-idmd.log log on VMware Identity appliance indicates LDAP connection issues

[2019-10-23 14:02:38,895 vsphere.local        1f78ba5b-6a76-4abc-bdb1-29c9aeea1fab ERROR] [IdentityManager] Failed to authenticate principal [XXX@XXXX.LOCAL]. Login failed

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Login failed

at com.vmware.identity.idm.server.provider.ldap.LdapWithAdMappingsProvider.authenticate(LdapWithAdMappingsProvider.java:411)

at com.vmware.identity.idm.server.IdentityManager.authenticate(IdentityManager.java:2423)

at com.vmware.identity.idm.server.IdentityManager.authenticate(IdentityManager.java:8170)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:322)

at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$2.run(Transport.java:202)

at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$2.run(Transport.java:199)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:198)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:567)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:828)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.access$400(TCPTransport.java:619)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler$1.run(TCPTransport.java:684)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler$1.run(TCPTransport.java:681)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:681)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: com.vmware.identity.interop.ldap.ServerDownLdapException: Can't contact LDAP server

LDAP error [code: -1]

When I try to test Identity data store I get message "No permissions to test the connection to identity store." Looks like default SSO admin (administrator@vsphere.local) lost permissions?

vmware-sts-idmd.log

[2019-10-23 12:03:51,903 vsphere.local        4b457ae9-d688-445a-af96-d918100e8225 INFO ] [VMwareDirectoryProvider] Cannot find solution user [administrator@vsphere.local@vsphere.local] in [CN=ServicePrincipals,DC=vsphere,DC=local]

This is the only user that I have so how I can fix that issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
0 Replies