VMware Cloud Community
spride
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 6.2.0: Started getting complaints from Firefox users

About a week or so ago, I started getting complaints from users that they were seeing errors and other weirdness in vRA.  For example, clicking on "Requests" tab takes them to the "Home" screen instead.  And errors like this:

Internal Error

An internal error has occurred. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator.

When contacting your system administrator, use this reference: 8dd728d5

But, if they use another browser, like Chrome, everything is fine.  Does anyone know if a recent update to Firefox is now causing it to be incompatible with vRA 6.2.0?  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Can you check your Firefox version? Update 41 and higher has issues. Below is the KB article link

VMware KB: Items tab in VMware vRealize Automation is inaccessible after updating FireFox to version...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Can you check your Firefox version? Update 41 and higher has issues. Below is the KB article link

VMware KB: Items tab in VMware vRealize Automation is inaccessible after updating FireFox to version...

0 Kudos
spride
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, that seems to be the recurring theme FF 41 or higher.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

can you try this with Firefox 41 or higher where the items tab does not work:

Open firefox and go to: about:config Then search for: dom.url.getters_decode_hash and change its value from false to true

I've heard that it might help ... but I haven't been able to verify the fix.

0 Kudos
anon_itguy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried this in Firefox 42.0 and it fixed my issue.

Instead of redirecting back to the home page I'm able to fillout and submit my request form.

Thanks.

0 Kudos