VMware Cloud Community
Mohamed_cloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCloud Suite license include vRealize Automation and many others products

Hello everyone, I am worried about one thing. We already have a vCloud Suite license key and we used it to activate vRealize Automation. So I am asking if there will be additional stuff to pay for because we use our vCloud Suite licence to activate vRealize Automation ?

That's my question.

Thank's

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No, vCloud Suite is a CPU socket or PLU entitlement, and that's not linked to the vCPU of any of the vRA components. If it's CPU, then you license the CPUs of ESXi where vRA can deploy workloads. And the Advanced license has an entitlement to vRealize Business for Cloud, so you again assign that key there. No extra purchase is required.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Don't understand this question:

So I am asking if there will be additional stuff to pay for because we use our vCloud Suite licence to activate vRealize Automation ?

Can you explain what other type of "stuff" you may need to purchase? vCloud Suite Advanced and higher entitles you to vRA and other products.

0 Kudos
Mohamed_cloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello daphnissov​,

I'm just asking if the licensing mode of vCloud Suite is per CPU then when i activate vRealize Automation with vCloud Suite license key, i'll use one of the CPU for my vRealize appliance.

That's it or not ?

But as you said: vCloud Suite Advanced and higher entitles you to vRA and other products.​So it's good.

I want to test vRealize Business and don't want to buy other licence.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No, vCloud Suite is a CPU socket or PLU entitlement, and that's not linked to the vCPU of any of the vRA components. If it's CPU, then you license the CPUs of ESXi where vRA can deploy workloads. And the Advanced license has an entitlement to vRealize Business for Cloud, so you again assign that key there. No extra purchase is required.

batuhandemirdal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Socket has CPU based licensing. You can reach from below.

https://www.vmware.com/tr/products/vrealize-business-for-cloud.html